Did you know your forms can be sent to clients using your own email address instead of using our default Z-Forms email?
This is what your patients see when they receive your intake form email:
- Your clients will be more likely to open the email if it comes from your address.
- It now makes more sense to customize your email template and use a more personal welcome message, since it will be coming directly from you.
- Your client doesn’t need to know about Z-Forms. If they have a question, they can just hit reply and the email will go directly to you.
It’s important to note that this feature does not work with public email providers like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. So you’ll only be able to use it if you’re using a "private" domain (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
To start using your email address to send intake forms, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to "More > Settings > Email Sender".
- Enter the name and email you want to use and click "Save".
- Go to your email inbox and look for an email from Postmark. You will need to click on the confirm link.
- Go back to Z-Forms and click on the "Refresh" button to see this as confirmed once you have done so.
The steps above are basically authorizing Z-Forms to send your intake forms using your email address without it being flagged as spam.
There are additional authentication methods you can setup to prevent your emails from hitting client spam filters. These additional authentication methods (DKIM and Return-Path) are a bit more technical and may require the assistance of someone who is comfortable editing DNS settings on a domain name. You'll find the DNS information to provide to your domain tech under "More > Settings > Email Sender", at the bottom of this page. You'd first have to set the records on your domain's DNS, then click the "verify" buttons to active each. See the example below as to how this looks: