Changing the wording to better reflect you or your office is something you can do. The more personal the message the better!
Here's a video how to edit the message within your administrator platform from the Home Dashboard.
Here are two messages that we've tested and that work the best by trying to keep the messages as personal as possible. (So, it looks like the doctor sat down, and personally texted a message to the contact.) The key is to ask a simple question that is short and expects a reply.
1. "Hey ~firstname~, it's been a while and I just wanted to check in... How are you doing? -Dr. ABC of ABC Chiropractic"
2. "Hey ~firstname~, it's time to take control of your health & schedule your next appt. What day works best for you? -Dr. ABC"
Here are some of the biggest mistakes we see when changing the recall message:
1. Editing the insert field ~firstname~. If you edit the field ~firstname~ incorrectly, the name of the person you're texting will not be auto populated. This is a very important field, so please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need someone to review it.
2. Trying to do TOO MUCH in one text, like adding in mobile web page or details that don't matter. Keep it as simple as possible. The more you add to a recall text, the less likely you are to receive a reply! Keep in mind, the idea is to engage in a conversation to get them back in the office. That is the sole goal!
3. Trying to invite to an event. If you want to invite recall patients to an event, there are other ways to do it. Start the conversation with the automated recall text asking how they're doing, and when they reply - invite them personally. Don't try to use an automated feature for something it's not meant for.
Follow the steps below to implement changes to the wording in your recall message. Hint: this will be done in the admin portal
1. Click messaging:
2. Click trigger messaging:
3. Click the pencil icon next to recalls:
4. Under the action’s column, click the edit button for reach trigger of recalls:
5. Update wording in window, then click update once done: